Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ethan Allen in Korea


Ethan Allen (furnishing) store in South Korea is a stone's throw from Hard Rock Cafe. I once had a hand in setting up the Ethan Allen franchise in Singapore. That must have been 8 years ago. Unfortunately, for various reasons, it never got established.

How was I involved? Well, I was asked to talk to an EA franchise store in San Jose, California when I was in Sacramento on a study course. My mission was to find out about the use of IT in its operations. I did that, but as I mentioned, what I learnt never got applied.

The owners of this franchise EA store in San Jose (a father-son team - I have since forgotten their names) were very hospital and I had a very pleasant visit. I'll always also remember the taxi ride from SF to San Jose and back. Its a quick way of seeing some parts of California within a short time. As usual, I didn't speak much during the journey, although I thought I should - but then I'll miss the scenery.

As the photo shows, the footpath outside this store in Korea is slopping. It reminds me of the many buildings in SF where buildings tend to be built on slopping footpaths. Some of these slopes are quite steep. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me then. It was also the first time I saw the Golden Gate Bridge - all in its glorious red colour - nothing golden coloured about it - or was it the wrong bridge?

No comments: